How to make an Orange, Pomegranate and Olive Salad
This is a very quick, easy and delicious salad that will go well with a variety of dishes including vegan Spiced Persian Parcels and barbecued meat and fish.
I recommend that you use pitted olives. The quantities for all of the ingredients are a rough guide and you can use as much, or as little, of each ingredient as you wish.
All the best
Scouse Mr Darcy
Orange, Pomegranate and Olive Salad
- 2 medium oranges
- ½ red onion
- 1 pomegranate or an 80g packet of fresh pomegranate seeds
- 160 g olives
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the oranges, cut off the pith and slice horizontally.
- If you are using a whole pomegranate, cut it in half and hit each half with a wooden spoon to dislodge the seeds.
- Slice the onion very finely into rings or half moons.
- Arrange the orange slices on a plate. Scatter the onions, pomegranate seeds and olives on top of the orange slices.
- Squeeze over the lemon juice and drizzle with olive oil. Season. Serve.